Friday, June 20, 2008

Blossoming

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

A friend shared those words with me yesterday from her Daily Reading book. I find them beautiful; and they say exactly where I am in my journey through life.

I do not know why I spent 59 years in hiding. All I know is that I can't stay there one second longer. As challenging as I find some of those moments to be without all the props I spent my life hiding behind, it is just no longer an option.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES Rose!!!

We will embrace life together!

Anonymous said...

Rose:

"Life's simple pleasures are meant to be savored" - "Life is to be enjoyed, not saddled with" and "Take joy from each day".

Happy Midsummer Night!

rthmcdragn said...

You Go Gurl!!!

everyone, i think, spends periods of their life hiding for various reasons, whether they want to admit it or not. maybe it's the comfort and security that keeps us there; secluded and afraid. but once you make the decision to step out and live, there's nothing to stop you.

so Rose, may you begin your new journey through life with open eyes and an open heart. embrace the joys that life will offer you, and live... not for anyone else, but for YOU!

best wishes...

Rambling Rose said...

Thanks rthmcdragn and DW. I am becoming fully engaged in Life these days - in a way that I never before dared. Not hesitantly - not timidly - just giving each moment of the day my full attention.

I am finding it quite enjoyable. And though it is not self-centered, it is Self centered, if you know what I mean.

For someone who has been other-oriented her whole life, it feels pretty darn good.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Hey, check your good4ufood comments.....you might enjoy...I am such the cheff...not

Rambling Rose said...

I agree wholeheartedly. You are Such a chef and lots of fun, as usual.