Friday, August 15, 2008

Not A Caterpillar Any More

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.

"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

-Trina Paulus (Hello From Heaven)

This has been a busy week - full of Life; and a death. An exciting week - with many twists and turns. It was one of those weeks where you have no other choice but to go with the flow - no time to stop and think where anything might be leading - because you are too busy responding to Life.

And now with the weekend ahead of me, I can catch up to myself. Incorporate some of what I have experienced. Become grounded once again.

Get in touch with myself - a little bit changed by all that has been going on around me - but not so much that a lot of work has to be done to be in tune.

I feel more relaxed with Life than I ever have in the past - more comfortable with myself and with others than I can ever remember being.

It is so much fun interacting with people when you feel comfortable with yourself - and can just Be.

I have always admired (maybe even envied) people who felt comfortable with who they were. You could tell they felt at home with themselves in a way not everybody does.

I can't tell anyone how to get to that spot with themselves. I just know that I have finally made it to that spot with myself. Perhaps part of it is learning to love and accept yourself just as you are instead of holding out until you are nicer or prettier - or even more slender.

Try it; it really is worth the effort.

8 comments:

DammitWomann said...

So glad and happy you are back Rose. I truly understand and "get" your writing(s).

Rambling Rose said...

Thanks, DW. It feels good to Be back. I miss writing and I miss being in touch with the blogging community the times life takes me in other directions.

I do find, however, that I have to follow "the flow" wherever it takes me. Sometimes the mental process is too much in gear to allow any creative output.

I am not as active in the outer world during the winter months which allows more time for contemplation.

Thanks for keeping in touch.

DammitWomann said...

Rose, I'll always be in touch with you. But, it is a good thing that you're "out 'n about" and don't have the full-time hours to blog. It just means you'll bring more and different info to us when you do post.

I'm patient.............

Rambling Rose said...

Yes, so much is happening that is new and exciting; and nowhere near ready for sharing. It's not even incorporated into my Being yet.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Hmmmmm, says the self proclimed Intuitive One.

Double hmmmmm, actually.

Felt it last night in conversation with Dragn....methinks that you have spied Happiness just around that corner yonder...

Hmmmmmmm

*YELP!!* Ouch DW, don't twist my ear......

*happy Wollf*

Rambling Rose said...

As usual, Wollf, you are absolutely Delightful! Thanks for sharing a little of yourself in my territory.

DammitWomann said...

Stomp Stomp Stomp

Sorry Wollf...... didn't see your tail!

Rambling Rose said...

Oops..........Ouch!