Friday, August 1, 2008

Attitude - Who Me?

A word of explanation to my faithful readers as to why I haven't been blogging much lately.

When I dropped the role of grieving widow this spring and rejoined the human race, I found that I was having to "feel my way" with every step I took.

Maybe part of me was waiting for the "bottom to drop out".

I think I dare to express some of what I am experiencing now that I have "my feet under me".

Yesterday a friend shared some information with me which made me realize that I really can trust the Universe (Higher Power, God). I haven't done much of that since the love of my life succumbed to cancer nearly seven years ago.

Today I was forced to acknowledge once again that "acceptance is the simple act of going through what is presently facing me - Without an attitude."

10 comments:

DammitWomann said...

Glad to hear you have "survived" and are back among the living. Enjoy each day Rose - it is a Gift we need not squander.

Rambling Rose said...

Thanks, DW. It's good to feel alive once again. It also feels good to be involved with people once more. I have missed that.

DammitWomann said...

I know the feeling Rose. But that has all changed now. We all grieve differently and at different speeds...........but it is the end result that matters. I'm here for you as always!

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look your fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

Eleanor Roosevelt.

Smart Lady, and a bit more gentle than the male version "That which does not kill us makes us strong."

You're doing fine, PWW

Rambling Rose said...

Thanks to each of you for the support you have given me all along the way. That is what has made it possible for me to let go of my hiding places and re-enter the world - more ME than I have ever been.

You are both loved and appreciated.

DammitWomann said...

Rose - as you know, Wollf is the one who told me about your blog. I am most greatful for that because I feel we have been able to "hold hands" and pull each other out of the depths of being a widow. Thank you Wollf and, of course, God! We are always here for you dear friend!

Rambling Rose said...

Don't you just love these computers, DW. They make it possible for people who have never met face-to-face to open their hearts to one another, be there for one another, and GROW from the experience.

You even feel part of the happiness that comes into their lives - the new and loving relationships - i,e, Wollf.

My life sure has changed since I started blogging a year ago. I have really enjoyed my opportunities to interact with you.

Rambling Rose said...

....and with Wollf.

Rose said...

Pretty cool.

Rambling Rose said...

Welcome back, Rose. Thanks for your comment.