Monday, September 21, 2009

Backing Into Things

Until now I never thought backing into things could work in one's favor.

I was always one to shy away from a situation; or embrace it with every part of my being. There was no middle ground.

Since my car accident, I notice that I find it easier to leave a building backwards - easing myself down onto the top step. I also find it easier to enter a vehicle in the same way - easing myself backwards down onto the seat.

Finlly, after four years of this working well for me, I am learning that it also benefits me in certain life experiences.

I no longer shy away from new experiences or embrace them wholeheartedly right from the beginning. Instead I sort of ease myself gently into them in a backward sort of way.

Hey - whatever works!

No comments: