Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Peaceful Existence

Soul needs body as much as body needs soul. - Marion Woodman

I am finally making peace with my body. I finally feel at home in my body. Interesting that it needed to become so used up before I was able to feel at home in it.

This summer I went a lot of places that it was physically challenging for me to go. I pushed my body to its limits - finding ways to work around its limitations each step of the way.

In doing so, we formed a friendship that will serve us well in the next leg of the journey - "old age".

I do not miss youth. It had its own challenges. I enjoy being in the presence of youth; but its always a blessing to bring my tired old body home to the space we have built together.

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

In most cases I would agree with you on this.....but, I was "testoterone" charged enough to play some tackle football with the Cubs and friends this weekend......

Remember the country song, "I'm not as good as I Once was"????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9f-lXqUZ18

Heh....

Rambling Rose said...

Cute video. Thanks for sharing. It's truly amazing how we can become recharged very quickly with the right motivation.

Keep on making those good memories with your young 'uns.

Love, Rose