Sunday, September 6, 2009

Knee Deep In Pickles

I'm knee deep in pickles - and loving it!

It has been a lot of years since I had a reason to make pickles and I am really having fun with it.

I started out by pickling 25 pounds of beets. I wasn't sure if I would ever see the end of that bag. I think I might start out with 10 pounds next year.

But by the time I was finished with the beets, I was ready to tackle the cucumbers; and then on to the green tomatoes.

My favorite sound is that "pop" each cover makes as it seals - just like it should.

Fall is my favorite time of year. There is always so much to be grateful for. And the beautiful colors along with pleasant temperatures always pull me out of my "busyness" to savor life.

6 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Pickled Beet!!! Darnation it's been years since I've had them....now I haveta go find some...

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

.....or "maybe", I can talk to DW, she's GOOD at that kinda stuff!! Yup, That's the ticket!!

Rambling Rose said...

Ain't it wonderful to have friends like that!

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit here, but I will be back soon, because I really like the way you are writing, it is so simple and honest

Rambling Rose said...

Thank you for you gracious comment - it is much appreciated.