Thursday, October 25, 2007

Being Real

There is nothing wrong with trying to be all your partner needs you to be, so long as you are not being untrue to yourself in the process.

I have a life-long tendency to look at what the people in my world (the ones important to me) need me to be and then invest all of me into trying to be that.

But it appears to me now that once the True Self has become known to you, it refuses to take this lying down. If I even make a small attempt to try to be something I'm not, my True Self (thank God) very quickly sabotages my efforts so that I'm noticeably unsuccessful at it.

When I made my first journey to my Self, years ago, these words from Richard Bach (Illusions) helped me to remember what I needed to do to stay real:

"Like attracts like. Just be who you are, calm and clear and bright. Automatically, as we shine who we are, asking ourselves every minute is this what I really want to do, doing it only when we answer yes, automatically that turns away those who have nothing to learn from who we are and attracts those from whom we have to learn, as well."

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

There is SO much for me to say on this posting PWW......

And yet, so Easily done with "DITTO", from a male perspective.

I am in a Particularly Foul Mood tonite.

I may vent. I may Act. I posted one of the most endearingly funny short films. Don't miss it.

Any of you! Go. Now.

Cuz the next one won't be pretty.
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

Thanks for your comments - they are always appreciated.

Checked out that video - was really funny.

Thanks for sharing another opportunity to laugh - it lightens the load.