Sunday, October 14, 2007

Encounter

There is something inside you
that reaches in and touches me
where I have never been touched before.

Your inner voice speaks to mine
telling me what a fine person you are.
Unaware of this you clown around
trying to impress.

You do not know
my mind is already made up.
I know who you are;
I have no need of your lies.

There is no way for you to know
my heart already belongs to you.
Nothing you do will change that,
try as you may.

You are frightened;
you got more than you bargained for.
You don't know if you can deal with this;
you're not sure you are ready for it.

I will learn the art of patience.
I will learn to let go in the name of love.
I will leave you in God's hands
and go on with my life.

A little richer for the experience!

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Why is it that females tend to have multiple e-mails? A Man can never be sure if he's getting his mesage across.

Just another metaphor for relational dysfunction?

Or the reason the subject of tonite's Poem is frightened?

Garsh, I just crack me up.
Wollf....I have answered all your notes, though.

Rambling Rose said...

In response to your question, I opened a new e-mail account when I started this blog due to the very personal nature of my subject. All my family members have access to my regular email account and I thought it best to have a private one just for me. I can't answer for the other females - you will have to check with them. (LOL)