Monday, October 22, 2007

Discernment

After publishing yesterday's post, I realized that active surrender is very much like the Serenity Prayer: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Discernment is the wisdom to know the difference, and it is what I ask for now in my prayer requests.

I spent the first part of my life learning to accept things I should never have accepted in the first place.

I spent the more recent part of my life fighting against the things I had trained people to believe I would accept.

Now I prayerfully ask God for discernment to know what I should accept and what I should never surrender to.

I also pray for the ability to accomplish this great task with love so the people I care about do not feel like I am betraying them as I re-create myself.

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Ah, Miss Rose, the Important thing is not to betray Yourself.

Our Journey is not alway, if ever easy. But I'm finding that even in my isolation, I'm not alone.

Neither are you, my Dear Rose, neither are you.

Darn myself, I do get serious at times....quickly Wollf, Change Subject, be funny!!

Oh yeah, Please be forwarned before you check Howls.....and let any friends know too....Wollf shows some skin.

Oh, the Horror. heh,
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

Thank you once again, howlsatmoon, for your validation, and for another opportunity to laugh....ah, the upcoming tattoo? I can't wait to see it - will check it out shortly.