Saturday, February 23, 2008

Here's Me Giving A Kiss Goodbye And Letting Go


"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us."
- Joseph Campbell
This is the first picture taken of us together. We didn't call it a date - that would have terrified both of us. We were just friends going to a dance together.
This is the picture I still carry in my heart, I suppose - the one I have been refusing to let go of. The picture I refuse to give up on even though he has been dead for six and a half years.
Well, the time has come. I need to let go. Let go of all the hopes, the dreams, the possibilities that exist in this picture.
I do not know what life holds for me now but I refuse to live it tied to the past any longer. One step at a time, one day at a time, I will make myself available to what IS. It is time to stop being half of somebody else and just be ME.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sometime in your life you will go on a journey. It will be the longest journey you have ever taken. It is the journey to find yourself." Katherine Sharp

It's where we both are Rose.

Rambling Rose said...

What a beautiful quote - and there is so much truth in "them thar words".

Glad to have your company, d. woman. We are not meant to be islands in this storm. We grow through our interactions with other people.

I grow a little through the words I share. I grow a lot when people like yourself share themselves in return.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely pic. Both radiate happiness.
N.

Rambling Rose said...

That's what I thought, too, when I was looking at this picture last week.

Funny thing is that never stood out to me before now - probably because I was so busy living it.