Thursday, February 28, 2008

One Day At A Time - One Step At A Time

So often we only have enough light for the next step, but you know what, for today that is enough.

Looks like I am back to trusting the process. I have been a long time making my way back to this position of trust. It feels good to be back here again.

Physically, for the moment, I'm probably on a rockier road than I have ever been. It would be easy to let the fear for my future overwhelm me. But this is the first time in my life that I have total confidence and joy in the work that I am doing. I do not want to rob myself of one minute of it.

Therefore, I will put my all into what I am doing today; and let tomorrow take care of itself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, let me share with you my daily prayer

Oh God, give me grace for this day,
Not for a lifetime, nor for next week, not for tomorrow, just for this day.
Direct my thoughts and bless them,
Direct my work and bless it.
Direct the things I say and give them blessing, too
Direct and bless everything that I think and speak and do. So that for this "One Day", just this "One Day", I have the gift of grace that comes from your presence.

God Bless You!

Rambling Rose said...

This prayer is absolutely beautiful; and it came at just the very moment I needed it most.

I copied and put it where I can remember to read it every day. Something tells me I am going to need it for the next while.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Rose. I have it posted to the mirror in my bathroom. That way I see it - read it - and pray it every day. It's so much easier just working on one day at a time......