Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Touch Of Joy - A Touch Of Sorrow

"Joy and sorrow are never separated. When our hearts rejoice at a spectacular view, we may miss our friends who cannot see it, and when we're overwhelmed with grief, we may discover what true friendship is all about. Joy is hidden in sorrow and sorrow in joy." - Henri Nouwen

Today has been a joyful day. My husband would have loved being a part of it.

To help me choose recipes for the cookbook I'm working on, I had my bible study group come for a pancake breakfast. I made the toppings yesterday - strawberry and blueberry.

The minister manned the griddle and cooked the bacon and the pancakes for us - regular, buttermilk, and pumpkin.

I baked apples in maple syrup to go with the pumpkin pancakes; and we finished off with a taste of pumpkin custard.

What a tremendous way to start off our day and our bible study.

I'm glad that I have healed enough to be able to enjoy these wonderful high moments of life once again; without having to suffer the terrible lows that immediately follow them earlier on in the grief process.

No comments: