Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I know that I am a few days early but this will give people time to reflect on the little kindnesses they would like to pass on to people in their world this Valentine's Day.

I am spending this week getting the last of the Christmas things put away - running a little behind this year.

At the same time I am doing this, I am keeping a close eye out for anything I might be able to pass on to the different non-profit organizations in our area - just part of my regular January cleanup - creating spaces for God to fill.

I enjoy doing unexpected little things to bring a smile to somebody's heart for Valentine's Day -not big expensive things - just a little something to express the warm feelings I have for this person - or a little something to express gratitude for a kindness a person has recently shown me.

To quote Carol Holmes: "A happy life is made up of little things - a gift sent, a letter written, a call made, a recommendation given, transportation provided, a cake made, a book lent, a check sent."

Sometimes throughout the year, life gets too busy for me to always do these things; so Valentine's Day is when I schedule some space in my life for a few of these little heartwarming gestures.

And we are all familiar with Mother Teresa's now famous quote: "W can do no great things; only small things with great love."

So my wish for you is to "Have a Happy Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

A Happy V-Day to you my Friend. It's a bit of a dilemma for me, as it was the day that I married XP....but.....seems I have a new Valentine this year.

Rambling Rose said...

Yes, I see where you are coming from. But I have faith in you. The way you are enjoying this relationship - I just know you can break through those barriers. Happy for you - it gives me peace.

catharooni said...

that mother theresa quote it my favourite of all time ...

thanks for posting a comment on my blog! i hope to hear more from you in the future - especially how you did the "craving change" program and what you have gained from doing it!

Rambling Rose said...

I enjoyed the program; and feel that it really did help me change my relationship with food. I am losing an average of two pounds a week - the total loss so far is 25 pounds. My way of looking at food has changed so I am finding it easier to make the right choices.