Saturday, January 24, 2009

On The Lighter Side

Over and over again, I have been watching a video on YouTube. I swear that I enjoy it more each time I watch it. It is Pixar - Hippo & Dog - The Lion Sleeps Tonight. I wasted a whole day trying to figure out how to download it so I could show it to you - couldn't figure it out. I also couldn't understand the copyright laws. The numbers and letters were too small for me to see so I was not able to set up a link. Therefore, if you are curious enough to want to see it , you will have to take the long way around and look it up on YouTube.

I enjoy it as much as I do, I think, because it portrays the duality of me. Those two parts I know so well. Mary with her natural unrestrained buoyancy - and Martha with that usual look of disdain on her face that her counterpart brings out in her.

I LOVE IT! I have had to work on accepting both these parts of myself. This video helps me not only to accept them but to cherish them - delight in them - both of them - Mary and Martha.

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

I'll post it at my place for you...if I can find it......sheesh the work I do around here....
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

You ARE a sweetheart - not like any other. Thanks! I'd be satisfied with you checking it out and, hopefully, enjoying it as much as I did. It is my daily dance - the life of Martha and Mary as lived by me.