Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Earth Angel

I am proud to call her friend.

She is the person who helped me find my voice; and the courage to use it to express my truth.

Every day that goes by, she is an inspiration to me.

At the age of 88, she is an active member of Kairos and of her church. She is also an active member in her community at large.......Always has her eye turned to what little bit of good she can do to make the world a better place.

She was a teacher in her day - still is. She has been gifted with the abilty to see the gifts of others; and with the ability to encourage people to use their gifts.

At 81 years of age, she went on a mission to Africa for two weeks. When personal fears hold me back from broadening my horizons, I think of her and push myself beyond my comfort zone.

Not a day goes by that somebody isn't motivated to push themselves a little further by watching this woman accomplish so much.....so effortlessly.....smiling and laughing the whole way.

Yes, it is a picture of her in my mind that brings me back out of my annual January wallowing, ready to face the world and do my small bit toward finding a better way - even if it is only done from the confines of my home during the second winter of partial hibernation.

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Oh my, Paint with Words. A portrait of a Lady with a life well lived.

Partial hibernation....interesting, the identification with Bear. Some, I daresay most, People of the Dawn need that melancholy time. But take a moment to see the Beauty of that melancholy.

Your writing is as fresh socks out of the dryer for the feet of your readers on a cold winter evening.

Press on....you are thought well of by People you don't even know.
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

Validation from my favorite philosopher. Thank you, Wollf. You express yourself with such beautiful words. Thanks for blessing me with them.

January is a little more of a struggle for me with each passing year - but I always get to the point where I'm ready to face a new year with who I am and what I have.

Perhaps I look a little too deeply; but I'm one of those people who need to have all the cards on the table before making my move.

Have a good day!