Friday, January 4, 2008

The Monk

He was austere in his piety, formidable in his girth, and above reproach in his actions - except for his forcefulness which he often used to beat spiritual truths into people's heads.

He could never understand why they all preferred to roll in the clover, dance among the daisies, or sleep around the clock.

Then, one day, he came upon some children playing by the brook. One boy was optimistically fishing for trout that didn't live there. Another boy was building a beautiful castle that tomorrow's rain would wash away. And the littlest one - a girl - was pouring tea for them from an empty teapot.

As he stood and watched, he remembered...... Innocence......Wonder......Awe.

He then remembered what it felt like to be truly alive.

And he walked home - a changed man.

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

...And the tea was simply delightful! Thank you for the cup, Paints, I hope you enjoy the fish!

Wollf

The paintings will be in my office where I can enjoy them. Give my thanks, and thank you.

Rambling Rose said...

I think that tea goes so well with that kind of fish, don't you? They seem to complement one another.

I hope her paintings speak to you the same way mine does for me. Mine was a close-up - perhaps because she knows me in person.

I put mine in my "office" as well. It was a dining room since the house was builtmany years ago. It became my computer room after my husband died. In my dreams at night, it represents itself to me as an office - so I am coming to think of it that way.

I'm glad you liked them enough to hang. The artist does a lot of good spiritual work. These three paintings were spirit-inspired. She had no idea of who they were for or why she was to paint them. But when she described them to me that morning, there was no doubt in my mind.