Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Hole In My Life

A couple years after my husband died, I had a dream where I was showing the master carpenter the large hole in my living room wall; telling him something needed to be done about it.

I believe this dream marks the turning point where at least one part of me was ready to do something about the hole left in my life by my husband's death.

But now I realize that I was going about it backwards - trying to put the cart before the horse, so to speak.

I kept trying to put my kitchen in order so I could move on to the living room - meaning I kept trying to get my food under control before becoming a more active participant in life.

I didn't realize until now, after finding the courage to be a Player In life instead of a Fan Of life, that my problems with food will not diminish until I begin doing all the things I have held myself back from doing.

About six months ago, I found the courage to come out of hiding and show who I am. It is time now to take the next step - out into the visible world with my true colors showing for all to see.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Paints with Words.....that which you have grasciously shown to the world so far has been an extraordinary Soul.

Make your own luck, dear friend. You have what it takes already. You just have to remember where you hid it from yourself.

We are here.
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

Thank you for your generous words of encouragement, Wollf. I will re-read them when my insecurites are threatening to hold me back.