Sunday, January 6, 2008

Life Without Answers

By the time I was twelve years old, you couldn't tell me anything. I already knew it all. Or so I thought.........

When I turned forty, I noticed that I knew less and less with each coming year.

Now that I am approaching sixty, I seem to be living my life more open-ended than ever. Gone is the need for answers that never proved to hold all the truth anyway. Gone is the need to believe that I know more than I do.

I am content to walk in faith - taking one step at a time - often with just enough light for the step that I am taking.

Hindsight has so often proved that I took the wisest steps for completely different reasons than I thought I was anyway.

4 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

What's the line from the Country song?

"Some of G-d's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers....."

Rambling Rose said...

Yes, I love that song. And it is so true. I am reminded of the saying "Be careful what you pray for - you just might get it."

Anonymous said...

'Angels Among Us' was the Country song that spoke to me about the whole angel thing. I love your pages and only logged in after having a gentle nudge from my Angels this evening.
I shall re-visit often.
Love and Laughter from
Rushing Water (Christchurch New Zealand)

Rambling Rose said...

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Your Angels obviously knew I needed the boost I would get from it.

Even though I blog to fill a need in me, I tend to get discouraged if I go too long without a response.

It echoes my life too much, I think.

I look forward to your return visit. Be sure to leave some footprints.