Saturday, December 1, 2007

Angel Of Awareness

She came to me in the middle of the night, removed the white cloak I was not even aware that I was wearing, and replaced it with one that was a medium-dark shade of turquoise. The color made me think of the deeper parts of the ocean - and I knew, without asking, that it symbolized the deeper parts of the unconscious I was going to be looking into - and the innocence that I would not be able to hold onto once I did.

She looked to be scarcely more than a child with her hair in pigtails, fastened with acorns. She was wearing fall colors which warmed your spirit just by looking at them, with large leaves from the maple tree forming her wings. Her long skirt was the color of bluejays, and was covered with the yellow sunflowers they love so much.

"I am the angel of awareness," she said gently. "I have come to walk with you awhile. You shouldn't be alone for the next part of your journey."

I just laid there, mystified, not sure how to respond.

"Your illusions are coming to an end", she said kindly. "They don't hold up well in the light of day. It'll be okay. You'll see. You don't need them any more. Not like you did back then. I'll be with you until you are over the rough part."

Comforted, I fell back to sleep and dreamed............... I am swimming in the Deep part of the ocean....observing great architectural structures....harvesting coral............

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

You'll never be alone again, PWW. I know that I won't. The seemingly silly term Wollfpack really says it all to me....and that's the dream that I shall have when I'm feeling lonely.

You are out there for us, We are out there for you.

Look at that picture and see our faces. All watching for you.
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

Thank you, Wollf, that is a very comforting thought in more ways than one. It also explains why my petals are growing furry!