Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged with a Christmas meme by www.howlsatmoon.blogspot.com

The rules: Link to the person that tagged you (hopefully I did that successfully), and post the rules on your blog. Share the facts about yourself. Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Wrapping paper is my first choice; but I like gift bags for the hard-to-wrap items and some of the food gifts.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real tree always. I must confess it has just been Charlie Brown trees since my husband passed away - until this year - I got an 8foot beauty. I just love looking at it.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually about a week before Christmas. It depends when the granddaughters are around to decorate. This was something my husband loved to do, so I can just not bring myself to do it.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day. My husband taught me the joys of leaving the tree up until then. I keep myself too busy before Christmas, so that is when I really get to enjoy the relaxing side of Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it - but only allow myself one tall glass of the stuff with my slice of hot mincemeat pie Christmas night.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A black doll - It was the same year I had read the story of Little Black Sambo. I loved that doll.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I do have a tabletop one - the figurines are all white.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A coffee percolator from my first husband the last Christmas he was alive. I didn't drink coffee; he did. I wanted a meatgrinder and was sure that gift under the tree a whole week before Christmas was it. I was so excited - could hardly wait for Christmas morning to arrive. What a disappointment!

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail - and only to the people I want to keep in touch with but am not exchanging gifts with.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? For years, it was "It's a Wonderful Life". Now I can't say that I have a favorite Christmas movie. I love watching them all; it helps put me in the spirit. I do have a favorite Christmas character, though. It is the angel Gideon - he sits up in the tree playing his mouth organ when not busy doing his angel work.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I keep my eyes open all year round for gifts that I may want to give - these are "what the universe sends my way" types of gifts. In November is when I start actively thinking what I want to buy for the people in my world.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? On Boxing Day, I make myself my special Christmas sandwich which consists of turkey, dressing, and cranberries. I enjoy eating it along with a cup of tea.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I switched over to clear lights several years ago - but I'm starting to miss the colored lights I had when my children were growing up. I have two tiny 12inch artificial trees in the kichen that I now put colored lights on.

14. Favorite Christmas song? I enjoy many of them - the radio station I listen to has been playing Christmas music all this week - but there just seems to be something extra special about Silent Night.

Who am I going to tag? How about www.deenie2007.wordpress.com - she does beautiful artwork - and www.sailorette.blogspot.com

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

What a fun game, eh?

And oops, I forgot, and I'm so sorry.....Happy Boxing Day to the frozen North.

What is it with Canada and prize fighting?

Kidding!
Merry Christmas Paints With Words.
Your friend,
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

You're right, Wollf. That was fun.

Thank you for making my life more colorful these past couple months.

It has added a lot to the joy of blogging.

Have a great Christmas, Friend!