Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Blessings

My oldest granddaughter and I spent the morning in town yesterday - doing odds and ends of last minute shopping - picking up a few more grocery items - mailed a package to a friend which should arrive around New Year's. It wasn't meant to be a Christmas present, so I didn't want it arriving during the Christmas season.

It was a nice day. We hadn't spent a day together in a long time. She is in her last year of university - and for the summer she went out to Alberta to stay with her mother. It is easy to find work out there, and she wanted to be with her mother, so that worked out very well for both of them.

We spent the afternoon wrapping gifts. I have a few more batches of peanut brittle and caramel corn to make, but needed a break from it.

My son and his new bride will be coming to visit today. We will have a birthday meal for my granddaughter. Her birthday was actually a couple weeks ago but this will be the first day that we are all in the same location to have a meal together. She has already received her gifts but my family always looks forward to a shared meal together as well. The younger granddaughter is making the birthday cake and I will do the meal - roast pork, mashed potatoes, and vegetables. My granddaughter just can't get enough "real food" as she calls it when she is home. Most of what she cooks for herself comes out of packages.

My son will drop off the Christmas gifts for here while he is visiting - and take his gifts home to be opened Chritmas morning. They are going to come back and join us for Christmas dinner and the "stocking exchange".

Christmas is getting close. My brother has arrived in Fredericton from Vancouver for his Christmas visit. I won't get to see him until Boxing Day when my family of origin is planning a Pot Luck - a first. Hope the weather co-operates; we have been getting snow almost daily this week.

Do what you need to do to keep your spirits up. Enjoy these next few days in whatever way you can. Only you know what you want and what you need - and what you can and cannot make happen. Love to all!

1 comment:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Wonderful and uplifting words as always, PWW.

By the way, Tag...you're it. Check my post for details.

Cut and paste the questions...Inquiring minds want to know.

I got the Cubs...all is right with the world.
Wollf