Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Giving

I grew up in a large family (7 brothers and 3 sisters); and there was never enough money to go around.

One Christmas, when I was about eleven years old, my mother travelled a hundred miles and charged Christmas presents for all of us. The store was supposed to ship her purchases once her credit was approved.

The store made a mistake and shipped the parcel twice.

A friend of my mother's was not able to buy any gifts that year for her children. So my mother gave her friend the extra parcel, and then contacted the store to let them know what happened; expecting to pay for both parcels.

The store thanked her for letting them know, and said they would split the cost with her 50/50.

I have never forgotten what a giving heart my mother has - as witnessed by me so many years ago.

No comments: