Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day 2007

Christmas Day went well. I got up real early to get the giant turkey in the oven. Usually the family and I have a special breakfast together (it is the one day of the year the menfolk cook breakfast for the womenfolk). But this year, it's only me and the young people - and you never know what time the young people will be getting up. So we all did breakfast on our own.

Once everybody was up, we opened the gifts. Then everybody did their own thing until later in the day. I watched a movie for a couple hours and then spent the remainder of the time getting the meal ready. I called the recruits in to help about 2 o'clock - my son arrived at 3 with his new bride and mother-in-law.

We spent quality time together - sharing with one another how last night and this morning went - ate Christmas Dinner - divvied the leftovers between the households while cleaning up - then we did the ho-ho exchange - a lot of fun and a lot of laughs, as usual.

Then we called it a night - a good one at that!

Hope yours went well.

1 comment:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Unbelievably well, PWW.....and oh wow.....I'll have to tell you via email. wow.

Whoa, Wolfie......

I'm so glad yours was good!
You deserve it
Wollf