Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Past & Present

Of course, Christmas is different now with my husband gone. We celebrated Christmas the whole month of December. He loved to decorate; and always came up with new creations each year. I only had to show him a picture of something I liked; and he was able to make it.

We both loved to watch the Christmas shows together - which made for some quiet, enjoyable evenings. Sometimes we would take evening drives to view all the beautifully decorated houses.

We saved our visiting to do in between Christmas and New Years - when we could just relax and enjoy the company of others.

The first two or three Christmases without him were difficult but, eventually, I got the hang of it. I give a lot of thought to what gifts I want to give people early in the season; but the rest has to wait for my heart to move me. That way I know that what I am doing is what I want to be doing.

I no longer go into Christmas expecting it to be like other Christmases. I expect that each one will be very different from the ones that have gone on before; and I just wait for it to unfold itself to me.

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Thanks, PWW. Good thoughts to have bouncing around in my heart during this first Season.
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

My prayers are with you and your loved ones this Christmas.