Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Day

It is Christmas Eve Day. I have my mincemeat pie in the oven along with one for a friend.

The granddaughters want to go to town - they have some money that is begging to be spent.

Then it is time to get to work on this evening's meal. It will be a smaller group than usual. My mother is not well enough to come. My older sister decided to bow out this year. But my younger sister is coming along with her daughter and her family. And my brother will be here. We do this Christmas Eve gathering for his benefit - so he will have an opportunity to take part in exchanging gifts and share a Christmas meal with family.

When he and his wife separated about twenty years ago, he moved back to our community. When Christmas came, he decided to spend it cooking Christmas dinner at the legion for anybody who didn't have people to spend the day with. He still does it - usually gets between 30 to 40 people of all ages - young adults to seniors. It is enjoyed immensely by everyone that attends. And he is a GREAT cook!

Do your best to enjoy any people in your world today and tomorrow - whether they are family or not. Pack away any sorrows or concerns - they will be there waiting for you when you go back for them. You might find that a "renewed spirit" makes them a little lighter to carry.

Don't worry about the things you would have liked to been able to do, but couldn't. Now is the time to "just enjoy" whatever way Christmas is unfolding itself to you this year.

I offer you a prayer to carry with you over the season - I can't give credit where it belongs because I got it from a friend who got it from a friend...

"May God's light surround you.
May God's love enfold you.
May God's power protect you.
May God's presence be with you.
Wherever you are,
God is,
and all is well."

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Happy happy, Joy Joy!!

Thank you, I found a package at my door.

Hmmm, the peanut brittle was full of air bubbles!

I'll write via email. Thanks PWW
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

So glad it arrived in time for Christmas . I found that piece of material with the wolf pack on it and had to make something for you with it. Have a good one!