Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Night Of Song

The night after a big snowstorm - and freezing temperatures - but still they came..............

We have known Albert and his wife Maureen for just over a year. I would guess him to be about my age(mid-to-late fifties) - she just a little younger.

Albert brought his guitar and led the rest of us in singing Christmas carols - three adults(me, Albert and Maureen), two young adults-in-training (my granddaughters aged 21 and 22), and an eleven-year-old(my great-niece).

The eleven-year-old and the 22-year old kept trying to drown one another out, which made it sound like we were belting those carols out in fine form - which really pleased Albert - which really pleased me.

I was grateful to him for providing us with the opportunity of having a night of song without even having to leave the comfort of our home. And it added another piece of magic to this year's Christmas - for us to remember in the years to come.

I think the granddaughters are more likely to remember the smell of the strawberries cooking for the homemade cheesecake I made for us to enjoy after we finished singing. It is all they talked about all day.

It is the little things that we remember longest - a smell, a laugh, a look, the way one family member teased another. Do you remember how we used to ..........

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Yes, I do.......

Evocative post,
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

I just knew I could count on you to remember - my dear Wollf.