Saturday, December 29, 2007

Being Real

Anyone who has spent any time "getting real" with themselves finds they are led to deeper and deeper parts of themselves. Parts that words are inadequate for.

It is the same when we experience deep love for another person, or see an awe-inspiring sight. Words take away from the experience - put limits on it- make it less than it was.

And after a life-time of focusing on my inadequacies, I was not prepared for seeing even a hint of something that beautiful and innocent in myself. Maybe that is why God gave me the discovery in bits-and-pieces - and had somebody else tie it all together for me in a way that I could not dispute.

Why am I so surprised to find it there - at the bottom of all that garbage - didn't God make me too?

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Dear, dear Paints with Words....Of course it's under the "garbage".

We all "survive" with that layer of "garbage" shielding us from ourselves. Because our true Self is a scary, scary thing.

It is most difficult to be true to ourselves, but once we have embraced who we really are, with all of our "imagined" faults and frailties...

The "garbage" falls away, and a bright and shiny new Soul emerges.

Right on, girlfriend, right on.
Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

So true, my fellow alchemist, so true. Now the secret is to learn how to stay in touch with that "newly claimed" part of myself while living in and being a part of the real world.

I think perhaps the next step is to stop thinking about meditating, and start doing it. I think it is the only way to keep the contact intact.