Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Crone

In her book "Coming Home To Myself" Jill Mellick describes the Crone as personifying the wise older woman who has lived long, suffered loss and pain, survived to tell the truth to herself (and others if they are ready to hear). She laughs with kindness at herself, learns to let go of her expectations, and forgives herself and others for their shortcomings.

I like to think that I have graduated to this phase of my journey. It is an interesting place to
be - to be living life one day at a time with no expectations - just facing what comes up in me as a response to what the universe puts in my path. It has its benefits - this way of Being. I wonder how my life would have been different if I had learned how to do this at an earlier age.

More than anything, I am loving this new, gentle acceptance of myself that seems to be a part of who I am now. It feels good and makes all of life so much easier.

4 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

A Crone? Doesn't quite bring to mind my mental picture of Paints With Words.....

A soft, yet strong and loving women is in itself a beautiful sight to behold.

Add to that gentle spirit a gift of words.....the Woman inside of you would knock any Mans' sock right off.

Crone, indeed. Harumph.
Oh, remind me to post on one of the most amazing totem visits I had this evening, after one of the strangest convesations with MrsP...

Raccon came to truly visit....and he stayed for tea.....

If I weree an author, I'd call that pretty darn good foreshadowing'.......Heh. I'll be expecting an email on the morrow.

Yours,
Wollf.....g'nite

Rambling Rose said...

You are too kind, Wollf. And aren't you the smart one! Piquing our curiosity like that. I, for one, can't wait to hear about Racoon.

cry_alone said...

I see why he's named yo paint with words....Rose your writing is beautiful to say the least. I too am moved by your heart filled writting. Comeing to terms w/ oneself and learning to love oneself is dificult to say the least.... Keep walking in that direction m'dear... one day at a time. oh, and no i didnt mind your comment...thank you. i do my best to spill my heart out to cyberspace no matter what comes out it's all what it should be, from the heart

Rambling Rose said...

Cry-alone, I'm so glad you have joined us. Wolf and I have been having great fun with this. Thank you for your very kind words. I have grown a lot during these few months of blogging - it is very therapeutic - even more so when you get a chance to dialogue back and forth - when done respectfully, it is like a support group - or at least that is what it has felt like for me. My dialogues back and forth with Wollf have enabled me to make some very positive changes in my life.