Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Toxic Waste

One of my readers expressed admiration for me because of the sensitive material I am willing to share. I thanked her for the kind words but have to admit it is not courage that allows me to do this. It is like the joke I told a couple days ago about Shadow work. Nobody starts this work willingly. We are driven there by a need for less pain in our lives tomorrow than there was yesterday and today.

I have been a very private person for most of my life. I kept my thoughts and my feelings to myself. I have always felt things deeply. I have never been able to understand the insensitive things that some people do. And I felt powerless to do anything about it.

I am older now. I reaped what I sowed; I watched people I love reap what they sowed. If sharing what I learned along the way helps anyone on their journey, that pleases me. We are all in this together. But the real reason I share through my writing is much more selfish - my Recovery demands that I unload all of what I have spent a lifetime hanging onto.

Our bodies, like any other container, can only hold so much. They have been designed to dump their waste every day and be refilled with the nourishment they need for survival. This applies on all levels - not only physically - but also mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

No comments: