Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Twin Peaks

Now that I am coming out the other side of my wilderness experience, there just seems to be more and more people coming into my world with bits and pieces of insight that I need to complete the lessons on my plate.

One of these new people is half my age; but he is wise beyond his years. Today something he said helped me to realize that those mountaintop experiences that we love so much actually consist of twin peaks.

One of the peaks is formed by our openness to the lessons we need to learn. The second peak is built by us having the courage to put that knowledge into action once we have it. This path is not always an easy one to walk; it is often wrought with pain and confusion. But if we are willing to continue walking in the right direction; often with just enough light for the next step, we are rewarded with the manifestation in our lives, of what for the moment are just possibilities - and far away ones at that.

No comments: