Thursday, November 8, 2007

Trolls In The Garden

Gotta be wary of the Trolls...............

They don't always come dressed like Trolls.

Some come dressed like a sister who is a trusted confidante
but jealously resents even the hint of anything good in your life.

Some come dressed like a brother who sincerely cares
but demands, in return, that you do everything his way.

Some come like grown children with lives of their own,
whose expectations keep you on the shelf - alone.

Some come in the form of "christian" friends
who are quick to judge even innocent behavior.

Some come in the form of "pretend" friends
who are only there for what they can get from you.

Most dangerous of all is that Troll that hides in your own self
waiting to trip you up, and punish you severely in ways that
even you are sometimes slow to recognize.

Be wary of those Trolls........

2 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Your insight is as always remarkable.

Part of my quest, I think, is to ravage my Troll....fangs and teeth, destroying it utterly and completely.

I started another "side" blog for my darker, more personal troll slaying.

I have a bit of a nasty this evening......the Divorce is finally Truly and Finally on.

I shall tell only a trusted few.
Excellent post. I shall email some thoughts

Wollf

Rambling Rose said...

"Don't try to slay your dragons, learn to ride them!" says Robert J. Wicks in "Riding The Dragon"