Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Elder Wisdom

Yesterday a friend gave me a card with a beautiful poem on it that I intend to frame, and keep in a spot where I will see it every day and be reminded that this is how I wish to live the rest of my life. The poem was written by Nadine Stair (age 85):

If I Had My Life To Live Over

I'd dare to make more mistakes next time.
I'd relax. I would limber up.
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I would take fewer things seriously.
I would take more chances.
I would take more trips.
I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.......

I've had my moments and if I had it to do over again,
I'd have more of them.
In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments.
One after another....

If I had it to do again, I would travel lighter next time.
I would go to more dances.
I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
I would pick more daisies.

No comments: