Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tennessee Waltz

A couple weeks ago I went to Harvey to speak about my dreamwork. In appreciation, the church group gave me a pin with a fiddle on it - Harvey being the birthplace of Don Messer (a well-known fiddler). That pin brought back some warm memories for me.

Don Messer used to be on T.V. every Saturday night - and quite often he would play the Tennessee Waltz. I was probably about ten or eleven at the time - and whenever Don Messer played the Tennessee Waltz, my father would take me in his arms and dance with me.

Of course, this led to me making sure I watched Don Messer every Saturday night, hoping and praying he would play the Tennessee Waltz.

I haven't warmed myself with this memory for many years. It's interesting what you remember once you get the pain out of the way.

1 comment:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

With ol Wollfe, it was my mom and the Sar'Major dancing and singing along with Dean Martin's "When the moon'a hits'a your eye....like'a bigg'a pizza pie....'at's Amore"..

Yup, you've painted a mental portrait that each of us can see with our own personal experience.

This was a good day after all...
Wollfe